Monday, July 23, 2012

The Night of the Bass



It has been an interesting week fishing on the Looking Glass River.  One night, I went fishing, and some girls told me that there were not any fish in the Looking Glass and that I would not catch anything.  Those girls were wrong about there not being any fish in the river, but right that I would not catch anything.  Spoon fed pike again!

Two days later, I went fishing with my Grandma.  I think that Grandma must be a good luck charm, because I caught four good-size small mouth bass.  Two were sixteen inches long!


Then, on July 22, I was back at the Looking Glass.  While I was fishing, I caught a small bluegill and it put it on my hook and threw it back out.  Almost immediately, a huge 17-inch bass took the bait!  That's the fish you see above.  He was a little bloody, and I wondered if he might have been attacked by a pike.


Also, I caught a fish I did not know existed in the Looking Glass.  It was quite a cool find for me. I caught a largemouth bass!  And Dad says Lansing is the home of the large mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment