Monday, July 9, 2012

Fishing Up North




During the week of the Fourth of July, my dad and I went Up North.  We stayed at Jack's Landing on Fletcher's Pond, which is near Alpena.  The reason we went there is because last year, a huge pike broke my pole.  Dad and I got a boat, and we went out to find that pike!



But we did not find that pike.  We spent 70 bucks on a boat, and all we caught were a bunch of panfish!



To see big pike, we needed to go back to DeWitt to go to the Looking Glass River.  Along the way, we stopped at the state fish hatchery in Oden, not too far from Petoskey.  They have a viewing chamber where you can look under the water and see fish in their natural habitat in a stream.  They also have a big pond with retired breeding trout who are fed by school kids and anyone else who might come along.  I encourage everyone visiting northern Michigan this summer to visit the fish hatchery in Oden.

No comments:

Post a Comment