Monday, June 25, 2012

The Longest Day of Fishing and Spoon-Fed Pike!

 The last few days have been great for fishing! Saturday was what I call the Longest Day of Fishing.  It is the Saturday closest to the longest day of the year.  Dad and I were at Sleepy Hollow State Park around 7:00 Saturday morning to fish.  Almost  as soon as we got there, I caught a 14-inch bass!  A nice lady who was there asked me if I had ever caught a fish that big before.  Very politely, I said yes, but in my mind, I was thinking  "Lady, I use fish bigger than this for bait!" 

Saturday night, we went fishing in the Looking Glass and I caught a 33-inch pike!  That's the pike above.  It was a pike convention Saturday.  I think I saw five big pike in one spot.  During our adventure on Saturday, we noticed that most of the pike needed to be spoon-fed like babies.  I would put the bait right on front of their noses, and they'd swim away.  My books say that pike are some of the most aggressive fish out there, but not that night!




On Monday, Dad took me back to the Looking Glass for more pike fishing.  The last three times I have been to the Looking Glass, I have seen a pike about 40 inches long that I call "The General."  Unfortunately, "The General" is one of those spoon-fed pike that won't move an inch to get to your bait.  However, I was able to catch these two pike here.  I caught the top one, which was 33 inches, on a minnow.  Believe it or not, I caught the bottom, which was 32 inches, one on a worm that I was using to fish for a carp I was seeing.!  After Dad took these pictures, I put these pike back in the Looking Glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment