Sunday, September 23, 2012

U.P. Fishing and September Success

Just before school started, our family decided to head up north.  We had a fun time seeing the sights, and we spent time fishing across the Upper Peninsula.  Dad took me fishing at Kingtston Lake along the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.  I caught a lot of perch there.  When we were leaving, I happened to notice a boat come into the dock.  I looked inside the boat, and it reminded me of pictures I have seen of muskie fishing boats.  Then, I asked the fisherman if he had caught any muskie.  He said not today, but the day before he caught a 42-incher and he gave me a muskie spinner!



A couple of weeks later in DeWitt, I was back on the sacred waters of the Looking Glass, fishing for pike.  Right under the Bridge Street bridge, I caught a 32-incher.  He did not take the bait at first, but I stuck with him.  He spat out the minnow a few times.  Then he stopped messing around and took my minnow  for good.  A nice mom and her little kid came along and asked if I caught anything, and I showed them a picture of the big scary fish I just caught.  I look forward to more pike fishing in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment