Monday, May 30, 2016

Whopper in the Pond!


May has been more successful than usual for me in the Lansing area when it comes to fishing for bass.  Many of the bass were big, they were on their beds and they put up good fights.
 
 

 
 
Most of my fishing in May was done at the Meridian Township park over behind the Meridian Mall.  Generally, I found that the fishing was better from the shore than from the fishing dock.  I have been catching the majority of my bass on wacky-rigged senkos in natural colors.

 
 
Some of the bass in the pond are real brutes!  I am a little concerned that the pond is getting a lot of pressure, maybe because I talk about it too much on this blog, and that the fishing experience is being diminished, however.  I'll be looking for new fishing locations around mid-Michigan in the summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment