Monday, October 21, 2013

On a Sunday afternoon

Although fishing at the Looking Glass has been slow the last few weeks, I still enjoy my time there.  This past Sunday, my dad and I went to our usual spots in the Looking Glass.  I didn't even see any fish for most of the day, although I did enjoy the sight of dad diving after my fishing pole when I had put it down.  There was a big pike on the end!  Unfortunately, this pike got off, but I did manage to catch a nice, 27-inch pike just a few minutes later.  My bait was a gold shiner.


But that was not the best part of the day.  When we first arrived at the park, we met a couple of 7th-grade fishermen who recognized me from my blog.  Later, a man walking through the park stopped to say hello and asked if I was Joseph.  He knew me from my blog, too.  We got to talking and he recommended a few areas for fishing:  behind Furstenau Elementary for pike, and by the Schavey Road bridge for suckers.  I was very glad to see that people read my blog and are able to use some of my fishing tips and the advice I share.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog and what do you site do you recommend I use to make blog and see you at school.

    ReplyDelete