Monday, August 2, 2010

Fishing in Shiawassee County







On Saturday, July 31, Dad took me to fish at a lake behind the house of a friend from work. The lake is near Owosso. It was really fun because we were able to move around the lake on a paddle boat and I caught some small perch, some nice bluegill and a big crappie. Then we ran out of worms. I asked Dad if I could fish from the dock and he said yes. I put a plastic "Panfish Assassin" minnow on my hook and cast the line about 20 feet out. Something big bit right away. At first, I thought it was a big bluegill, but he was tough so I thought he might have been a really big bass. Then the fish jumped out of the water and Dad yelled "Joseph, it's a pike!" This really big pike was putting up a fight and it took me about five minutes to get him to the shore. Dad helped with the net, and we got him on the grass. This pike was two feet! I had never caught a pike before. Dad took some pictures. I was really proud I caught such a big fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment